Gingerbread Scones

This is one of our family's favorite snacks. They are very easy to make and so yummy!

In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. ground ginger, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon.
Photobucket

Cut in 1/4 cup, cold butter until crumbly.
Photobucket

In a small bowl or measuring cup combine 1/3 cup molasses, 1/4 cup milk and 1 egg yolk, beaten (reserve the white for later).
Photobucket

Add to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
Photobucket

Turn out onto a floured surface, and gently knead 6-8 times.
Photobucket

Roll into a round circle, about 1 1/2 inches thick. Using a biscuit cutter, cut circles.
Photobucket

Place on a cookie sheet. Beat the egg white until frothy and brush over the top of the scones and then sprinkle with sugar.
Photobucket

Bake in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Scones are one of my most favorite snacks, too! Thanks for the recipe, Terri! You can be sure that I am going to make these. There is nothing better than a warm scone and a good cup of coffee to make ones day.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Terri....we call those biscuits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my daughter is having a fundraiser bake sale tomorrow for her 4-H group. I might make these. They sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very tasty Terri...sigh...I miss my kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a really rainy day here today and I have all the ingredients on hand so I think it will be the perfect day for these! Thanks for the recipe!

    Blessings,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Teri, I would guess those are so delicious, might have to give this recipe a try...
    and my house would smell so good..that would be the bonus...
    ~deby

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.