Multitude Monday

IMG_8086
Mopey Mondays.  That what we call them around here.  Nerves are stretched tight.  There is a feeling of exhaustion both physically and mentally and we are worn out from the busy weekend.

Sunday is not a day of rest for the pastor and his family.  Typically, Monday would be the day off but in our case, since Dan is working a full-time job on top of being in the pastorate, it's just another day of work. 

I usually find the same scenario happening every Monday.  I wake at 2 or 3 in the morning and start reliving conversations and problems and being unable to go to back to sleep. I feel the same old anxiety raising it's ugly head and the nervous knots in my stomach. 

So here I sit at 3:25 a.m. and typing this.  Counting my blessings is the one thing that helps to push my worries and fears to the side.  Numbering the good things.  Putting words to the numerous ways I do see God's hand on our lives.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #1261-1275.

♥ Leaves going out in a blaze of colors.
IMG_8115

♥ Baking with my daughter.

♥ Eggs and bacon for dinner.

♥ Working together in the yard.
Untitled

♥ A son who is showing wonderful maturity and responsibility.
IMG_8060

♥ Reading to Emily.


♥ The sound of rustling reeds in the wind.
IMG_8091


♥ A good father.
IMG_8082

♥ A couple of sales to help pay for Christmas gifts.

♥ Homemade bread, warm from the oven and covered with homemade jam.

♥ Birds chattering overhead.
IMG_8085

♥ Gorgeous, blue skies.
IMG_8088

♥ A warm October

♥ A wonderful, uplifting worship service with faces we haven't seen in a while.

and finally...

♥ Turning a mopey Monday into one where I have an attitude of gratitude.
IMG_8092

Comments

  1. Well done Terri. sometimes its hard to count blessings, but you always do.
    Are you putting your lovely patchwork bags into the Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth! It's not always easy to count and sometimes, I'd rather complain but I'm trying to have the right perspective! Yes, I will be putting the bags into Etsy this week.

      Delete
  2. Happy Monday from a fellow pastor's wife. Mondays do have their challenges. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most pastor's wives know exactly what I'm talking about, Jody! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Have a blessed day. Hope you are feeling better.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbi! I was doing better yesterday but am under the weather today. Mostly it's just that I'm congested! Other than that, I feel okay.

      Thank you for asking!

      (((HUGS))),
      Terri

      Delete
  4. It's not always easy to look on the bright side, but it's the only way really. Hugs, Terri, thanks for this post. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it is, Tina. I figure I can either be miserable or happy. I choose the later! :-)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful list! I love the presence of fall in your pictures. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stefanie! Thanks for visiting. Do you not have changing seasons where you live? Fall is my favorite which makes me happy that I live in the Northeast.

      Delete
  6. A wonderful list and beautiful autumnal pictures, hope you are feeling better.
    God bless sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. I am feeling a bit better this morning! Have a blessed day. :-)

      Delete
  7. If yоu are goіng for best contentѕ like mуself, simply pаy
    a quick visit thіs sіte аll the time because it ргovideѕ qualіty contеnts, thanks

    Rеѵiew my ωebsite ... BlackChipPoker Promotions

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's certainly a great deal to know about this subject. I like all of the points you made.

    My web-site :: AmericasCardRoom Promotions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.