Minnesota Munchers

I went to a cookie swap last night that a friend hosts every year.  It's always fun with lots of friendly competition.  There are prizes for the most festively dressed, the best presentation of cookies, the best packaging and the best tasting.  

This year I found the pattern for these cute little petal boxes online and made them for my packaging.  I thought they turned out so cute and I came in second for packaging.

 Untitled

The cookie I brought was simple, but tastes great!  A couple people asked me for the recipe so I'm posting it here.

Minnesota Munchers
Makes about 48

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup toffee bits
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two cookie sheets. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in milk chocolate and semisweet chips, toffee bits and pecans. Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire racks.

Enjoy!

Comments