Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Aging Process

I started blogging five years ago.  At the time, my children were 17, 15, and 9.  Where did the time go? Nathan will be 22 on May 1st, Stephen just turned 20 and Emily will be 14 at the end of May.  Just like that they are grown!

They used to be at the center of almost every post I did, but now the boys are busy and out of the house most of the time.  They are at a very weird age where they want independence and anything that mom says sounds like she's trying to treat them like they don't know anything.  You know what I mean, right?  Dan & I are those old people who really don't know what we are talking about.  I remember being the same exact way.  I think it wasn't until I had children of my own that I really believed my mother had any sense at all.   LOL!!!

They absolutely HATE getting their picture taken anymore which is why the pictures of them have been scarce.  Emily too is at that self-conscious age so every photo requires looking just "so" before I take it!  By the time she's ready, I'm on to different things. :-)



Yesterday, Emily received a packet in the mail from a Christian college.  I thought, "This has to be a mistake."  It turned out to be an informational package about the college and urging her to choose them.  

It is so weird.  In my mind, she is still little but she will be going into 9th grade.  Time moves so quickly.  

Just as I picture my kids younger than they are at times, you know that I'm much, much younger too!

I mean I know I'm certainly not aging, so how can my children be? ;-)

12 comments:

  1. I think we must have started blogging at about the same time Terri....when I was so much younger!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) We all were much younger, Barbara! lol

      Delete
  2. I began my blog five years ago too. Time marches on doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, your cute little girl has grown into a pretty young lady! I'm 61 and think I'm still young but I fractured my heel a couple of weeks ago, so I know that I'm aging. I will age gracefully, though!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch!!! I hope your foot heals quickly because that's a tough place to be hurt.

      Delete
  4. I think you were the first person to comment on my original blog, "Red Wellies, Rainbows & Cinnamon Whirls". Where has the time gone?? My children have left home in the time since I started blogging. Woa.

    Your children are blossoming into lovely adults, even if the in-between bit can sometimes be tricky, lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that, Tina! We've been blogging buddies for a long time. :-)

      Delete
  5. Hi Terri! I know what you mean! I've been blogging since 2008 and now I have a teen who is about to start driving!

    BTW-I've revealed my age once on my blog, and that was the last time! No one really needs to know, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne. :-) I don't mind saying my age but I just don't want to look it! lol

      Delete
  6. Emily sure is growing up! I can't believe how much she has changed. But, you look the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Debbie! I'm a little grayer. :-)

      Delete

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do cherish each comment.