What Will Your Legacy Be?

 photo IMG_1240_zps297b55a1.jpg 

A friend's mother recently passed away and she has been working on some memories of her mother for the memorial service.  She recently asked the question, "What do you hope your children will say you taught them?"  I thought I would answer that here.

What do you hope your children will say you taught them?

I want my children to say I taught them to trust the Lord no matter what.  I want them to see the desire to seek God's will for my life in all of our circumstances.

 photo IMG_0886_zpseb6a54ad.jpg

I want my children to say I taught them to persevere.  To get back up no matter how many times you have been knocked down.  I don't want them to give up when life gets tough.


 photo Nathan.jpg

I want my children to say I loved them well.  I want them to know how important they are to me.  I want them to realize that I enjoy having them around.


 photo IMG_0936_zps6074cccb.jpg


I want them to value learning and education.  I don't want them to be satisfied with just learning the basics.  I want them to constantly fuel their minds.

 photo 61e62bcc-64a1-470e-9f00-e13fe55bf9d4_zpsea198e6f.jpg



I want my children to say I made their house a wonderful home.  I don't want this to be a place they dread coming to.  I want them to know they are safe here.


 photo IMG_3033.jpg

There are so many more things I can think of, but I these are some of the most important to me. 

What will your legacy be?


Comments

  1. Hi Terri! I am coming over from Teaching What is Good.

    What a great question! I love all the things you mentioned...being remembered in the things you showed your children. I guess the biggest thing I would want my legacy to be, is that I loved them. And that I loved the life that God gave me.

    That is a huge thing, and it needs work every day. But, if that's what I want, then I have to dedicate myself to remembering that wish, even in the not-so-great times.

    Loved this thought-provoking post. So good to meet you today!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceil, welcome! I like the one you mentioned, especially about loving the life God gave you. Not grumbling about it! That's something I'm trying to work on. Anyway, I'm glad you visited.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.