Family


Family.

You don't get to choose them. 

They can drive you crazy at times. 

But they also can be such a huge blessing in your life.

We are enjoying Dan's brother and our nephew as they came for an overnight visit.  There has been lots of laughter, catching up, and activity.  The house went from utter chaos a few minutes ago to absolute silence as they all trucked out the door to go running at the local track.

As I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee and the silence for a few minutes, I'm so thankful for the small moments we have to spend time with those we love.  I'm thankful that I got to see my nephew before he goes off to college again in a month.  I'm so happy that my children got to spend some quality time with their uncle and cousin.  As I went in to say goodnight to Emily last night she said, "I love Uncle Paul and Bryce."  "They are so peaceful to be around." 

 
And as I reflect, I'm also thinking about how so many don't appreciate family.  They focus on the little quirks and things that annoy.  They forget to look at the good.   They fixate so much on what is wrong that they never see the right.

Take a moment today and appreciate the good qualities in your immediate and extended family.  Pick up the phone and tell them how much you love them.  Write them a note and express your appreciation.

Family.

We can't choose them.

They can drive us crazy.

But, we need to appreciate the blessing they can be.

Comments

  1. Well said! There are things that most of our family and I don't see eye to eye on BUT they are family and ya don't have to agree with them 100% of the time to love and appreciate them. After living so far away from our family these past few years we have learned a new appreciation for our family members, even those that usually annoy us. lol Family should be cherished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.