Multi-tasking


One of the things I wanted to do from the beginning with my new shop is set up an area for my sewing.  I felt that if I was going to be at the shop 4 days a week I didn't want to just sit with nothing to do while I waited for customers.  I also felt that it may generate business once people discovered I took custom sewing orders.


So I found an empty corner, set up and went to work.  And I've been loving it!  In the 3 days I've been open so far, I've been able to accomplish the following:

* Made two aprons for an order.


* Cut out 30 tea totes to start an order of 60.

* Hemmed curtains for a customer .

* Sewed 6 tissue holders.

* Sewed 20 tea totes


I'm loving the productivity and multi-tasking!    I received another order for an apron and will be starting on that as well as making some placemats.

It makes the days go by quickly and I'm getting a lot more sewing done than I did at home.

Comments

  1. For some reason your photos didn't show. But I can imagine that you were able to focus on doing a lot of sewing with no other distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to be able to enjoy your store and sewing at the same time. .....would love to see your latest orders...but the photo's aren't coming up.
    Love your blog and insights too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My computer is throwing fits today! As soon as I can get online with it I'll reload them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, much better! Now I can imagine your sewing corner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.