The Drive Home


Yesterday I went to my family reunion.  It rained the entire day so we were huddled under a pavilion for most of it, but it was still wonderful.

We laughed.  We caught up.  Many of realized there was a whole group of people we never even knew!  We reminisced.  We took out old memories and looked at them.  It was wonderful.

On the drive home I realized how much I miss seeing my family.  Being in the ministry means you go where God calls you and that is often far from the familiar and far from family.  You miss out on birthdays, anniversaries, and parties.  You miss the daily moments.  And while I love the life we have, it can be a bit lonely at times.

I saw my sister, brother-in-law and nieces and nephews for the first time in 9 months.  I saw some cousins for the first time in 3 years.  As I drove, I was thankful for the technology we have now that keeps us somewhat in touch. 

Life is fleeting and short.  Our time here is over in a blink of an eye.  Make sure you tell those closest to you that you love them.  Let them know how much they mean to you.  Let go of petty differences and bickering.  Forgive, forget, move on.  Don't always have to be right.  Don't let the sun go down on your anger.

Reach out.  Be the bigger person.  Tell your family, "I love you."

That is one decision you will not regret!

Comments

  1. Wise words Terri, and lovely pics! I'm glad you got the chance to see your family. I bet they were glad to see you too. Love, Tina xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.