Peaceful Day


Yesterday was one of the most peaceful Thanksgivings we've had in a long time.  Since it was just the 5 of us, I didn't have to concern myself with making sure the house was spotless on top of cooking. 

As I got ready to take this picture I made a comment at how sloppy everyone looked.  I said something about we never dress up for holidays and it would be nice to have a picture where we are dressed up.  Here were the comments: "Mom, we are comfortable."  "Should we all wear suits ties and dresses and be stiff?"  and then Dan piped in with, "We are a wonderful family and this is how we are comfortable so who cares what the blogging world thinks!"  lol  Wise words from a wise man.



The snow came gently down all day and just added to the quietness of the day.



The food was good but once again I marveled at how I spend hours prepping and it's over in 20 minutes.



We watched a couple of Christmas movies.  Rule here is that they are not allowed to come out until Thanksgiving day.



Emily & Stephen went for a walk in the snow.



Pies were tasty.  This year, I used real pumpkin from the garden instead of from a can and it was so much better!

 
Nathan had to leave at 3 p.m. to go to work.  Because of Thanksgiving & Black Friday, he worked until 4 a.m. which is a very long shift (12 hours) of lifting and unloading trucks.  He got home around 5 this morning and leaves again at 3 this afternoon.  It would be nice if people would stay out of the stores on Thanksgiving Day so that workers could get a complete holiday, but I don't see that ever happening. 
 
Anyway, it was a nice day.  Today we are on to the next tradition of decorating our tree for Christmas.  As the children got into their teenage years it never seemed that big of a deal to them.  However, the first words out of Stephen's mouth when he got home from college was that he couldn't wait for Thanksgiving Day and Friday when we decorate.  :-)
 
I'll probably make a batch or two of Christmas cookies as well.  Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. Terri,
    What a lovely day for you and your family. When we lived in Maryland, and it would snow, I felt like life would seem to slow down a bit. Now that we live in Florida, we have no snow.
    I agree with you about stores shouldn't open on Thanksgiving day. It is a family day. Have fun decorating today.
    Blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Stephen has matured into a man. Dan is so wise. Sorry that Nathan had to go to work. I don't like the stores being open on Thanksgiving. We have become such a materialistic society. Makes me sad. You have wonderul holiday traditions....making great memories for your family. Thanks for sharing.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.