Let's Have a Party!


I love planning a party.  I have the gift of hospitality and love having people over.  One of the things I really miss about our last church is the annual New Year's Eve open house that Dan & I hosted.  There was always a good sized crowd, lots of laughter and great fellowship.  There was never anything planned as far as activities but just a group of people enjoying one another.  It wasn't just people from church but local friends and there was always a large group of Nathan's friends from the fire department too. 

In this area we moved to there seems to be many more people with family nearby so New Year's Eve is not the best time for this.  So we decided to have one at the end of February and in fact, it's this Saturday.  The winters are long and hard here so it's a good time to get a group of people together.  I'm looking forward to it.  Last year, we had one around the same time and it was well attended. People can stop by any time between 1-5 p.m. and stay as long or as short as they like.

So I'm in party planning mode and have been putting together a list of foods that I'll be working on the next two days.

A few people asked what they could bring so I'll have some things to fill in what I have here.  I grew up in the Catskills and the food was always good, but fairly simple - plain meat and potatoes or casseroles.  I do love all different foods and dishes and often cook that way.  But the foods here are similar to how I grew up so I'm keeping it fairly simple.  If I start getting fancy, I'll end up with tons of leftovers! :-)

I'm making the following items.

A big pot of chili
Stromboli
Bruschetta with capers and black olives (as different as I'll get - lol)
Vegetable platter with spinach dip
Parmesan pita crisps with hummus
Chips and dip
3 kinds of cookies - lemon tea tots, coconut lime sugar cookies, molasses crinkles
Chocolate chip cake brownies

Of course there will also be soda, punch, as well as tea and coffee.

I'm looking forward to a fun afternoon with friends and fellowship!

Comments

  1. sounds like fun wish we lived nearby-we also moved to an area where most have family nearby. very insular even the church communities

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious, Terri. Wish I was near enough to come!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.