Don't Be a Drip!


I woke up this morning at 4:00 a.m. and just couldn't get back to sleep.  So I decided to get up and go out into our heated sunroom and have my time with the Lord.  However, as I came to the door, turned on the light and looked down at the steps leading into the room I saw a large wet spot.  I have a leaking ceiling.  It's one of the hazards of ice damming on the roof.

It must not have started too soon before I woke up because it wasn't too wet but as the day warms up, I know it will get worse.  It is leaking over the entire door frame so I have towels down and buckets to catch the drips.

I settled down in my chair with coffee, Bible and journal in hand but I found it hard to concentrate.  The constant drip, drip, dripping into the bucket is distracting and to be honest, driving me nuts! :-)

I was reminded of the following verse in Proverbs.

Proverbs 19:13 ~

A foolish son is his father's ruin and a wife's nagging is an endless dripping.

This morning's experience certainly puts that verse into perspective.  I had to ask myself the question, "How often do I nag my husband?"  To be honest, much more than I should.  My husband is not my child.  He does not need me to endlessly remind him of what needs to be done, or constantly berate him for why he did a particular thing, or even worse, go on and on when he doesn't do something my way.  Doing that day after day, all day long can be as annoying as the sound of that drip!

Is it any wonder that they begin to tune us out or give us a perfunctory "Yes, dear." when we speak?  I'm working on those nagging tendencies I have.  I don't want to be a dripping sound in my husband's ear.  I most certainly don't want to be the one who drives him nuts.

Let's work together on those drips!

Comments

  1. thank you for your post it is a good reminder

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.