Wednesday Words of Encouragement

I Timothy 2:1-8 (MSG) ~

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us to live.

He wants not only us but everyone saved, you know, everyone to get to know the truth we’ve learned: that there’s one God and only one, and one Priest-Mediator between God and us—Jesus, who offered himself in exchange for everyone held captive by sin, to set them all free. Eventually the news is going to get out. This and this only has been my appointed work: getting this news to those who have never heard of God, and explaining how it works by simple faith and plain truth.

Since prayer is at the bottom of all this, what I want mostly is for men to pray—not shaking angry fists at enemies but raising holy hands to God.

Prayer is hard work and so often, we relegate it to a few hurriedly spoken words.  Yet, prayer is the primary thing we should be doing as believers.  The way to approach any situation or problem we face is through prayer.  But so often it is the last thing we do.

Facing a challenge this week?  Pray!

Dealing with difficulties at home or work?  Pray!

Burdened for someone who does not know the Lord?  Pray!

Struggling with people?  Pray!

Feeling joyful?  Pray and Praise!

Want something to change in your life?  Pray!

Prayer is absolutely the first, middle and last thing we should do.   More often than not, we like activity so while we may throw up a prayer, we still run around and try to fix whatever the problem may be.  We want to see instant results.  But sometimes the answer won't come right away.  In fact, it could take years for some things.  So should we give up?

No.  Keep on praying!  I want to encourage you today to take your burdens and cares to the Lord.  Put them in His capable hands and leave them there.  Allow Him to work in his timing.  Ask your Heavenly Father what He wants you to learn as you walk through your trial.  Give it all to Him today!

Comments

  1. Terri, I really needed this today. God is teaching me about prayer; that He answers yes, no, or not yet. That He is interested in my permanent good and will withold things that are not good for me. That I can confidently ask Him for things, just as my children do with me. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He most definitely is interested in our good, Eileen! I hope you have a blessed day. :-)

      Delete
  2. For me too, Terri. I a facing challenges with step family at the minute and trying to resolve prayerfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think so many times I pray and give it over to God only to not trust. For me it is an ongoing learning process to trust in his time not mine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.