Catching Up


I spoke with my sister, Tracy, the other day and it was wonderful to talk to her.  It had been a few months and even though she only lives about 3 hours away, I haven't seen her in over a year and a half.  We are both in full-time ministry and it just seems like our schedules never match up. 

Her husband is a pastor and the director of a Christian bible and retreat center and they are starting a little gift shop and she asked if I could send her some of my items for the shop.  They only have guests a few months out of the year so I'm not going to be doing huge sales there but I was excited about putting some of my books, soaps and craft items there.  The problem is she really wanted some for this weekend because they have a group coming in as well as two other retreats this month.

So yesterday, I made the decision to leave today on an impromptu trip to visit her and bring the items myself.  This way I can bring everything since it won't cost a fortune to ship them. More importantly, I get to spend a few hours with my sister and catch up on what is going on in her life.  I'm coming back later today but really wanted the opportunity to see her.

So I'm off in about an hour.  I realized yesterday, that the chance to go and visit comes so infrequently that I really need to grab this opportunity while I can. 

Comments

  1. Have a lovely day with your sister, Terri!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.