Up on the Mountain

Untitled

I spent a wonderful couple of days away with 288 ladies.  We laughed.  We cried.  We talked.  We prayed together.  I love these mountain top times when I can get renewed and refocused.  It's always a little hard to come off that mountain and back to life in the valley.

Down here in the valley there is a house to clean, bills to pay, business to conduct.  Down in the valley, I came home to a husband sick with the stomach virus and the fear of getting sick myself.  The valley means that life goes on as normal.

And that's okay.  We can't stay up on that mountain.  God didn't intend our lives to be one high experience all the time.  We need those times of rest and refreshment to keep us going in the mundane of life.  I'm thankful for those times I can get away. 

But if I spend my time wishing I was back up on the mountain, I can miss some of the blessings that I receive down here in the valley of my life.  And my valley is sweet.  There is green grass and gentle streams.  The wind is slow and steady and refreshing in it's own way.  So I am thankful.



This week I'm thankful for blessings #2411- 2420.

2411.  Seeing friends I only get to enjoy once or twice a year. 

2412.  Talking with my mom and sister on the phone.

2413.  An opportunity to put some of my things in a new location.

2414.  A time of refreshment this weekend.

2415.  Making new friends.

2416.  Dan was feeling much better by last night.

2417.  I was blessed to fill in for Dan at church yesterday and the Lord gave me the words.

2418.  Fellowship with women from our church.

2419.  Waking up feeling rested this morning.

and finally....

2420.  Thankful for the mountaintop experience, as well as life in the valley.


Comments

  1. Thanks for this great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post... So nice to get together and fellowship but home is where we live even if it is the valley sometimes.. smile.. God bless you, my friend.. xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.