German Potato Salad

 
The few times I've had German potato salad, I really haven't liked it.  I found it to be very vinegary.  But I found a recipe that everyone loves and thought I'd share here.
 
German Potato Salad
 
3 cups peeled potatoes, cut into chunks
4 slices bacon
1 small onion, diced
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
 
 
Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain, and set aside to cool.
 
Place the bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Fry until browned and crisp, turning as needed. Remove from the pan and set aside.

Add onion to the bacon grease, and cook over medium heat until browned. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to the pan. Bring to a boil, then add the potatoes and parsley. Crumble in half of the bacon. Heat through, then transfer to a serving dish. Crumble the remaining bacon over the top, and serve warm.

Enjoy!
 

Comments

  1. That sounds really nice Terri, I might just try it tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.