365 Days of Praise - January


Back in January, I decided that I was going to find something to be thankful about every single day of 2015.  I started out posting one thing each day on Facebook and it's been such a wonderful exercise in thankfulness.

I decided between now and the end of the year, I would post them here, one month at a time.  That's mostly because no one is going to want and sit and read 365 reasons I'm thankful all at once! :-)

I realized almost from the beginning some of them started repeating themselves from time to time but it's okay.  I'm doubly thankful for some of these blessings.

January, 2015

Day #1 ~ The wonderful spiritual growth I've seen in Stephen the past year.

Day # 2 ~ A husband who helps me through so many of my struggles with encouragement and love.

Day # 3 ~ Nathan got a raise at work and a very good review.

Day # 4 ~ Emily is happy at school and doing well.

Day # 5 ~ Renewed vision and focus

Day # 6 ~ A productive week, and

Day # 7 ~ A brand new year and wonderful possibilities

Day #8 ~ -8 out with a windchill of -23. I'm so thankful for a roof over my head and a warm house.

Day #9 ~ Thankful for the kindness of a neighbor yesterday who surprised us by plowing our driveway and the church drive

Day #10 ~ Thankful for exercising 4 out of 5 days this week. It's a start!

Day # 11 ~  Thankful for a complete day of sunshine; the first in more than a week!Thankful for a complete day of sunshine; the first in more than a week!

Day #12 ~ Being able to open our home to others.

Day #13 ~ Thankful for a father-in-law who truly loves his family and would do anything for them. Praying for blessings on him today as he celebrates his 80th birthday!

Day #14 ~ Flour, yeast, salt and water turned into beautiful loaves of bread.

Day #15 - Thankful for contentment

Day #16 ~ Thankful for beautiful colors in the midst of drab days!Day #16 ~
Thankful for beautiful colors in the midst of drab days!
Day #17 ~ Thankful that I love being stretched and trying new things. If you don't try you'll never know what you can accomplish!

Day #18 ~ Thankful for a wonderful church body that loves each other, supports each other and prays for one another.Day #18 ~
Thankful for a wonderful church body that loves each other, supports each other and prays for one another.
Day #19 ~ Thankful for a wonderful 5 weeks with Stephen home from college. Prayers appreciated as Dan takes him back to Nyack this morning and then travels back this afternoon. It's a 10 hour round trip.

Day #20 ~ Thankful for the reminder I've had that when God calls you, He also equips you and is beside you so there is no need for fear!

Day #21 ~ Thankful that there was a change in our insurance for the coming year and it looks like it will cover many more things, including dental.Day #21 ~
Thankful that there was a change in our insurance for the coming year and it looks like it will cover many more things, including dental.
Day #22 ~ Thankful for a husband willing to hold down the fort for 5 days while I'm away and encouraged me to go and not worry about things here. He's a gem!

Day #23 ~ Praising God for mothers. So thankful I'm spending time with mine.

Day #24 - Blessed to have time to curl up with a good book. I read a book and a half yesterday. I can't remember the last time I had time or concentration to read. Yay!!!

Day #25 - Thankful for the opportunity to speak to a group of ladies at Fayetteville Baptist Church this morning. They were a blessing to me!

Day #26 ~ Thankful for a very sweet lady from my mother's church who offered to drive me the hour and half to the airport since my parents are sick.

Day #27 ~ Thankful for a comfortable bed, warm blankets and a soft pillow.

Day #28 ~ I'm thankful when my body decides to do a 3 a.m. wake-up call and I don't feel good that I have a flexible schedule that allows me to go back to bed for a couple hours.  I know many do not have that luxury.

Day #29 ~  Thankful for customers who purchase my soaps and craft items.  Every time I sell something it feels like Christmas!

Day #30 ~  Thankful that my husband is a great father.  Reliable, trustworthy, loving, provides for his children and loads of fun!Day #30 ~

Day #31 ~  A date with my husband last night.  I always enjoy those times to reconnect without distractions.

I like looking back over the year this way and seeing how blessed I truly am!ankful that my husband is a great father. Reliable, trustworthy, loving, provides for his children and loads of fun!
Day #30 ~Thankful that my husband is a great father. Reliable, trustworthy, loving, provides for his children and loads of fun!Day #30 ~Thankful that my husband is a great father. Reliable, trustworthy, loving, provides for his children and loads of fun!Day #31 ~ A date with my husband last night. I always enjoy those times to reconnect without distraction

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live