Wednesday Words of Encouragement

Psalm 104:33-34 (NIV) ~

I will sing to the Lord all my life;
    I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
May my meditation be pleasing to him,
    as I rejoice in the Lord.


I opened my Bible and read these words this morning.  "Thank you, Lord, for all the many things you do for me."  "Thank you for the blessings."  "Thank you for a wonderful thanksgiving service last night."  Hmmmmm,, it really could have used more upbeat music.  I wonder who that person was?  I wish more people would have responded when I asked for words of praise.  Why didn't that person greet me?  Why did this one say that to me?  Why would she think that is acceptable?  I can't believe someone would do that!  Boy, am I annoyed!!!  Oh!  I need to get that bread in the oven.  I need to check on the turkey and make sure it is thawed.  I need to do xyz.....

Sound familiar?  You start out praising God and end up lost in your own thoughts and even walking down a sinful path, thinking critical thoughts about someone!  We have good intentions but get off track very quickly.

I love the verses above.  "Let my meditation (thoughts) be pleasing to God AS I rejoice in Him."  As we offer up our praises to God, let's make sure we take captive every thought.  Let's live in the moment as we praise Him.  That means focusing 100% on praise.  Not focusing on our worries, anxieties and to-do lists.  Give God all of your attention.

I pray that each of you have a joy-filled day, offering up praises to the Lord for all He is doing in your lives.  Let's sing His praises today and every day, not just at Thanksgiving time. 

Give thanks to the Lord today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live