Rolling Up My Sleeves


I brought home the last of my items from the local shops yesterday and I felt a twinge of sadness at the closing of this chapter.  However, I'm also ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work on the new chapter of my life.

The first thing I need to do is find a place for all of this!  Yikes!  It seems as if I get one mess cleaned up and then another magically appears.  Stephen will be home next weekend so an even bigger mess will appear for a few days.  lol


This week has been great because I've been able to work steadily at revising and editing my new book.  It's taken me longer than I liked because of the fact that my laptop literally caught on fire one day about a month ago.  I had to go buy a new one and the computer store salvaged my old documents.  However, in transferring it to the new computer, the formatting went bonkers in my book  So I had to spend precious hours fixing those type of mistakes.

I have so many things coming up in the next few months and I need to buckle down and get to work on the task that God has placed before me.  In the midst of all this, I'm working through a study along with the other women in our church called, Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Tim Grissom.  It's timely and I'm enjoying it.

So as I move forward in my life, I want to remember the words found in I Peter 1:13-16.

Therefore, with your minds ready for action, be serious and set your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the desires of your former ignorance. But as the One who called you is holy, you also are to be holy in all your conduct; for it is written, Be holy, because I am holy.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

Comments