Wednesday Words of Encouragement

This was from a few years ago, but still good encouragement for today!

Psalm 27:14 ~

"Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord."


I hate waiting! I remember as a little kid sneaking in my mother's closet to look at my Christmas presents because I couldn't wait until Christmas. Of course, immediately after I looked I felt bad because I ruined the surprise.

Recently, I have been praying about a situation in my life and how I wanted it to change. Yet, I distinctly heard the Lord say, "Wait." It was not the answer I wanted! I certainly don't feel strong or stout or enduring when I have to wait in the midst of less than ideal circumstances.

I love this verse in the Amplified version of the Bible. When we wait on the Lord we are not just hoping that He will come through but we are expecting it! That is the reason we can be strong. We expect Him to show up and work in the midst of our circumstances.

That doesn't necessarily mean things will change, but our hearts certainly can change. Our faith can become stronger. Our reliance on the Lord will increase. We will learn to persevere through it. Those are all things that will make us become mature in our faith. (James 1:2-4).

If you are struggling with waiting today, be encouraged. Expect the Lord to show up. He will help you through the wait and if you rely on Him you will come out stronger on the other side.

Comments

  1. I needed this "sermon" today. Thank you.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Terri, seems we spend most of our time waiting , on our men, on the lord, gives us much patience for sure, you have a very blessed day..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard, Terri. I'm waiting, but God is very quiet right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.