Slipping and Sliding

Psalm 94:18-19 (NIV) ~

When I said, “My foot is slipping,
your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.

For the past few weeks, Dan has been speaking about hindrances to our faith.  This Sunday he talked about the lack of joy as one of those hindrances.  We will have trials and troubles in this life.  Not a week or month will go by without some sort of struggle happening.  It's my attitude as I go through those trials that matters.

I slip and slide my way through life.  My anxieties often cause me to flail and flounder.  Yet, the joy I have is a result of trusting that the Lord has a reason for allowing me to go through something.  I'm at peace because I know who is in control.  I can lay down and sleep each night because of the hope I have. 

I may slip and slide, but God's hand steadies and supports me. 

Nehemiah 8:10b (NIV) ~

Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Comments