Wednesday Words of Encouragement


Isaiah 26:3-4 ~

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal."

Three a.m. seems to be the hour when my over-active brain wakes me up the past few weeks.  I lay there, willing my mind to go back to sleep but inevitably those concerns and worries that I'm facing start invading my thoughts.

We have had a stressful few months.  We are dealing with some concerns with family, financial issues and various health concerns.  It seems as if I get over the top of one wave of stress and then am facing another one.  The waves are endless and there are times when I feel like I'm sinking beneath them.

I love these verses in Isaiah because it is a reminder that the Lord brings peace to the man or woman who trusts in Him. Trust is the key. When I take my eyes off the Lord and put them onto my circumstances, I can begin to feel anxious and stressed. Yet, when I spend time in God's Word and in prayer I feel my spirit begin to settle down and peace washes over me.

No matter what that 3 a.m. voice says, I am reminded time and time again that God is in control.  He is rock solid and nothing can cause Him to move.  When I look to the Lord for my shelter those waves may knock me around a bit but I will not drown because my trust is in Him.

What about you? Are you in circumstances where you feel like you are sinking? Do you feel stressed out and anxious? Do you want peace?

Trust the Lord, your rock.  He is solid and can shoulder anything. He will not waiver or fall. You can feel calm in the midst of your troubles.  Rest in the Lord in the midst of your circumstances and His peace will wash over you.

Comments