Multitude Monday: The Christmas Boots


I received a text last night from a friend who asked if she could stop by for a few moments.  When she arrived, she had a bag in her arms and inside was a set of a hat, gloves and a scarf.  I knew that she had planned on going through a bunch of sets she had and bringing one to me.  We had talked and I laughingly mentioned how we had lived here in lake effect snow for three years and I still didn't own a pair of gloves or boots or a hat.  I tend to not bundle up in the winter and because I wasn't working there really seemed to be no reason to purchase them.

However, inside the bag was a brand new pair of beautiful boots that she had just purchased for me.  (Note: the boot above is not the one I received, though very similar). Surprisingly, they fit perfectly even though I hadn't been able to try them on.  I was dumbfounded that she would be so generous.  And it helped me once again to be thankful for all the many blessings in my life. 

I have a wonderful husband and children and good friends.  Often, I feel like I'm alone or like a failure in so many areas in my life and yet, God graciously nudged my friend to give me a tangible gift that showed her love for me.  I'm always amazed when I receive a "spiritual" hug in a very physical way at just the right moment.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #2841 - 2856.

2841.  Except for one gift, my Christmas shopping is done.

2842.  Safety on the roads during a snowstorm.

2843.  Cars that started all week (been having issues).

2844.  Lunch out with my husband.

2845.  A roof over my head.

2846.  I'm so thankful that we are able to invite a friend who has no family to participate in our Christmas celebration.  It makes me happy to include him.

2847.  I love being able to be on the worship team with my husband.  It's fun and enjoyable and something we can do together.

2848.  Finding joy in the midst of YUCK (the best way to describe it - lol)

2849.  A gentleman in our church takes care of honey bees and sells the honey.  He has some in my shop.  When I went to pay him what I owe him for the month, he refused to take it.  He wanted me to donate it to missions.  His generous spirit brought me joy.

2850.  Another woman in our church makes mittens and has them in my shop.  She takes the money from the sales and donates it to a Christian school she worked at for years. 

2851.  Still another friend has her mittens in my shop too (these are made from upcycled sweaters).  She makes two pairs from each sweater and donates one to a homeless shelter.  These unselfish acts from people are what inspire me.

2852.  It was a slow week a the store (1 customer the entire week) and I was feeling frustrated.  But then I thought about it and realized that I have work to do and am not just sitting there waiting for customers.  I am thankful that I have a spot that I can afford in which to work and create.  I have a landlord who has been wonderful.  Because the shop is stocked with handcrafted items, even down to the wall decorations, I haven't had to purchase inventory so there really is no pressure.  It's all good!

2853.  I saw a video the other night on the situation in Aleppo and it made me very ashamed for any whining I did.  I have so much to be thankful about and I have zero reason to complain about anything in my life.  Thank you Lord for that reminder and the reminder to pray for those poor people.

2854.  The beauty of snow.  I'm not a fan of driving in it but it is beautiful and it's part of God's creation and for that, I'm thankful.

2855.  An unexpected gift card to Hobby Lobby from another friend.

And finally...

2856.  A gift of Christmas boots, which were a physical reminder of all I have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live