Multitude Monday


It's rainy and gray outside, and the day is gloomy.  I slept fitfully last night and am not feeling the best this morning.  It's Monday, the day most dislike.  But I actually like Mondays.  It's my day to stay alert and look for things to be thankful about.

It's a brand new start; a weekly do-over.  And it's the day when I remember how blessed I really am.  I'm happy that I started doing this years ago, because no matter what is going on in my life, it's a good way to remember the many ways God is watching out for me.  It makes me grateful for my life.  It gives me a better attitude and outlook.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #2,881 - 3,000.

2881.  Simple meals that are easy to prepare and healthy.


2882. A leg that is slowly healing.

2883. Church growth.

2884. Signs of new life.


2885. Stephen is enjoying his internship at a friend's church.

2886. A daughter who makes me laugh every day.

2887. Nathan is enjoying his job.

2888. Deer on our yard, another sign of spring.



2889. I'm so blessed with a husband who helps me out.  He loves to serve and does the dishes almost every single night.


2990. Frugal flowers that are gorgeous.  Aldi - $8 for a dozen roses.



2991. Our worship team.  We pray together, we laugh together and we enjoy one another.  Yesterday, my phone was blowing up with texts back and forth between them and most of them were silly, but I realized how much I love each of them.  Good friends!

2992. I'm so thankful for our church body who reaches out to those in need.  We have different ones going through difficult times and our church steps up with whatever is needed.

2993. Paninis.  Silly, I know, but I'm thankful for whoever invented the grilled cheese sandwich! lol Yummy.



2994. Seeing life through a child's eyes.  I love teaching children's church because as I tell the Bible stories, the kid's get so into it at times.  Sometimes, you just need a fresh look at a familiar story.

2995. Notes of encouragement sent through the mail.

2996. A wonderful team of women I work with as I plan a retreat.  I could not do any of it without their help!

2997. A date lunch with Dan.  We haven't done that in a very long time and it was good to just sit and chat about various things in our life.

2998. The anticipation of seeing friends from around the state next week at our District Prayer Conference.

2999. Emily was accepted into all three colleges she applied to this year.  She knows where she wants to go, but it was good for her to see the acceptances.

and finally...

3000.  Reaching 3,000 on my list of thankful things!  Because I've done this on Facebook as well, it has far exceeded 3,000 but it has been a wonderful exercise. 

I am blessed and I am thankful.

Comments