Enjoying the Summer




 

Summer has officially begun!  I love the longer days of these months.  I took a stroll around the yard after dinner last night and just enjoyed the warm breeze, sweet scents and beautiful sounds.  Our blackberry bushes are loaded with berries so it's going to be a good season for them.  I'm going to have to trim them way back at the end of the summer though because they have taken over another 5-6 feet of our yard. 

I've been weeding out, but hurt my other knee so I'm still trying to get them up but moving very slowly.  I may finish by the end of the summer. ;-) 

I want to appreciate these days because here in Central New York they go by quickly.  The winters are long, so I try to be outside as much as possible during the summer and fall. I tend to get involved in my work and forget to look up from the computer screen and enjoy things.

It'll be back to winter before I know it, so I'm trying to enjoy each moment.   

Comments