Wednesday Words of Encouragement


So often I get very discouraged by ME.  I see my glaring weaknesses and when I mess up, especially in front of others, it sends me into a tailspin.  I feel inadequate, unprepared and unworthy of any sort of ministry. At times, that causes me to feel defeated and depressed.

I've read through the Bible a number of times and as I have read and reflected on the lives of those in both the Old and New Testament, it continuously amazes me how God takes very frail and flawed people and uses them.  As I read of the sinful behaviors of people being used by God, and see how the Lord still blesses them, I'm in awe of His forgiveness.  

It gives me hope.  If God can use people who seem to have issues far greater than my own, then perhaps He can use me in my weakness.  God looks at our heart and our desire to serve Him and takes the little that we bring Him, transforms it and magnifies it to accomplish His purposes. 

Yes, we are all flawed, but know that God can still use you despite your flaws. That brings me great encouragement and I hope it brings you some today too!

Ephesians 3:20-21 (MSG) ~

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.
Glory to God in the church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all the generations!
Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live