Reindeer Bait and all Things Magical


One of the problems of having young adults and no grandchildren is that all the Christmasy things that used to be fun aren't being done anymore.  So some of the magical and child-like wonder has returned for me this year with the start of my 3D Kids program at church.

Each Thursday night children in grades K-5 come for a night of fun.  I have nine children registered though last night I only had 4 with the weather and sickness.

We start with a short Bible lesson. One night we learned the meaning behind Christmas through the use of a candy cane.  Last night I brought a wrapped gift and we talked about the excitement of the person who bought the gift for me and how disappointed they would be if I never unwrapped it.  We equated that with the gift God has given us through Jesus and what it must be like for Him when people don't unwrap it and accept it.

Then we do a craft/art project.  One week we made gingerbread ornaments. Another we made gingerbread houses and last night we made snowflake ornaments.  



We do a cooking project each week.  We've made homemade brownies, chocolate peppermint cookies and last night we made reindeer bait.  I always send the recipe home with the children so they can make these there too.



Then we work on songs, skits and other dramatic art-type activities to perform in church.  At the moment the children are practicing three songs to sing in church on the 24th.  I took these photos last night and one of my girls was really feeling it! lol



It's been fun to work with children again in a weekly program.  They are part of what makes Christmas special for me. I've dusted off my craft projects and recipes and let the Christmas magic begin!

Comments