Wednesday Words of Encouragement: Celebrating Clarity


Isaiah 55:8-9 ~ 

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
    “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so my ways are higher than your ways
    and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

So often when I'm going through a struggle or trial, I really want to run away. I want to get out from under those circumstances, hide from the world and go somewhere safe.  Yet, so very often, God keeps me right where I am because He wants me to stretch, grow and spiritually mature.

You know what?  I'm thankful for that.  Because, as these verses say, I'm learning that God's way is so much better than anything I could choose for myself.  His thoughts are so much higher.  And when I finally get a glimpse of His plan and why He is allowing me to go through something, I have one of those moments of clarity.  

And in those moments of His perspective, I'm thinking...."WOW!" "That's the reason why!"

I've had one of those clarity moments the past few days and it gives me goosebumps.  I still can't see the big picture and how all the details will work out but I certainly have a lot less anxiety knowing that God has a plan and is working behind the scenes.  

When I have those brief moments of clarity, it helps me to continue on this journey of faith. I'm thankful for those brief moments to celebrate seeing something through God's eyes.

Comments