Chicken Tortilla Soup

I made this a few weeks ago and it was such a big hit, that I decided to make it again and share. My children aren't big soup eaters - they would rather have meat but they devoured this and talked about it for days!

Boil and shred 4 chicken breasts and throw it in a crockpot.
Photobucket

Add (2) 15 oz. cans of diced tomatoes.
Photobucket

Then 1 cup of salsa (I used medium).
Photobucket

Add (1) 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
Photobucket

Then 1 cup or so of frozen corn.
Photobucket

Finally, add (2) 15 oz. cans of black beans, drained.
Photobucket

Mix all together and cook on low for about 3-4 hours.
Photobucket

When it's done, serve in individual bowls with crushed tortilla chips and a combination of grated Monterey Jack and Colby cheese.

Delicious!!!

Comments

  1. This looks SO good!! I wished my kids liked stuff like this. Hubby and I would LOVE it though! I am gonna make it!!!!
    THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds yummy Terri! I'm going to give this one a try soon! Thank you!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious, Terri. I may try this recipe. Sounds simple to make but good. Yum!!

    Terri, I am having some trouble getting spaces in between my sentences. I leave space but when I post, it appears all jammed together. I go back and Edit it and fix the sentences but when I post again, it still jams them up.

    I go back a third and fourth time even going so far as to run my space bar at the end of the sentence to the end of that space appearing at the end of each sentence until the curser shows up on the next line. It usually drags a word with it from the previous line. I place my curser at that word and hit the enter key again the the cursor goes down one space the the word that got dragged goes back where it belonged. At that point I add the amount of space I want in between my sentences and I do this at the end of each and every sentence. But when I post as you will see on todays post that there is no spaces between my sentences. I don't know how to make it stop doing that. This happens all the time. Sometimes what I do will work and other times it won't and I've played around with the settings feature thinking that would help but sometimes, it is only worse. Help!

    Your spacing looks great on your blog what is wrong on mine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this! I have not made this since Christmas three years ago! I cannot believe it has been that long! I might not be able to find my recipe for it and you have put it right up here for me! I am going to have to make it really soon. Another thing that makes it super, super-bad for you, is to cut flour tortillas into strips and fry them for a few seconds and put them in like crackers, SOOO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.