Crockpot Macaroni & Cheese

I make this every now and then for the children and they love it.

4 cups, elbow macaroni, cooked and rinsed (start with 4 cups, dry which will double when cooked)
4 eggs, beaten
4 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
4 cups milk
2 (5 oz.) cans evaporated milk
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. pepper

First you boil, drain and rinse the macaroni. Add it to the crockpot.
Photobucket

Grate the cheese and beat the eggs.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Dump the eggs, milk and evaporated milk into the crockpot.
Photobucket

Add the spices.
Photobucket

Add 3 cups of the grated cheese (reserve 1 cup) and mix everything well. Sprinkle the reserved cup of cheese on top.
Photobucket

Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours until the liquid is absorbed.
Photobucket

I gave mine a stir before I served it to get all the melted cheese through.
Photobucket

It was a hit! The boys had 3 bowlfuls each!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Looks good, Terri! I will try your recipe. I haven't had Macaroni and cheese in quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I've never seen it done in a crockpot before...it looks really tasty. I loved your choice of words ..."dump the eggs, milk..." LOL!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a woman of simple words, Tina! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make killer stove-to-oven mac & cheese but I've never tried to make it in the crockpot. This sounds really delicious!
    Hey, thanks for the nice comment on the blouse I made!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.