Gorgeous Afternoon

I did school with the children this morning and then Dan suggested we take a drive and go to a place that we love but haven't been to since last summer.

We went to the Hudson River, only further north this time. What a gorgeous day!

Look at those views.
Photobucket

See those mountains. That is the beginning of the Catskill Mountains where I grew up.
Photobucket

Nathan and Stephen either looking for fish or talking about how polluted the river is! Actually, they have cleaned up the Hudson and it's not as bad as it was many years ago.
Photobucket

Emily practiced skipping rocks. She threw her whole body into it - lol!
Photobucket

Isn't this a sweet picture? This couple were sitting side by side, drawing the Hudson.
Photobucket

Nathan took our picture and he said he tried not to get my double chin. Nice - huh?!
Dan decided he was going to be Mr. Serious for this one.
Photobucket

There was a huge hill that Emily just had to run down. Don't you wish you still had that carefreeness that children have?
Photobucket

Just beautiful! See that little speck in the foreground on the right. That's Emily way down the hill :-).
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures, Terri. Makes me homesick for the Catskills! I loved it there but not the long winters. Thanks for telling us about your day. It looks like you had such a good time and the views were spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics Terri. Looks like you had a great day. Your son's comment about your chin made me laugh...sounds like the kind of thing my 'helpful' son would say to me! lol

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are beautiful, Terri. I love this season when we can get outside!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.