Saturday, April 26, 2008

I'll never forget the day.....

We've been working on narrative writing. I gave the children a topic sentence and an ending sentence of a paragraph. They had to finish the paragraph. It was actually fun to see what they came up with and it allowed them to show their creativity.

Here was the topic sentence:

I'll never forget the day I met Tucker C. Throckmorton.

The ending sentence was: Every time I see a chicken now, I think of Tuck.

The kids all agreed that Stephen's was blog-worthy.

Stephen's paragraph:

I'll never forget the day I met Tucker C Throckmorton. He was the best male I ever met. Now he is dead and his leg is on my plate. He was a good boy. Now he is deep-fried and smothered in breadcrumbs. Poor Tuck. Every time I see a chicken now, I think of good old Tuck.