Possibilities

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37

Do you find yourself with a running dialogue in your head? It says something like this, "I can't do this." "There is no way over this hurdle." "Things will never work out." "I might as well give up."

I have many, many days like this. In fact, this week has been one of those weeks! I look at my almost 17 year old who struggles just to read and write, and I feel hopelessness. I look at my 15 year old, whose anxiety disorder has been flaring up big time the past month and feel fear for him. I see our church which may be without a place to meet beginning in June and feel worry. I look at our checkbook the day after Dan gets paid and see that we only have $100 to live on for the next two weeks and feel gut-wrenching anxiety.

However........

With the Lord all things are possible! If we are walking in faithfulness and in His will, he will provide. The Lord gives us the tools to accomplish His will in our lives. He wants us to trust Him and step out in faith. I may not see the end of the road on many of these issues but I know that the Lord loves me, my children and my church and He desires only good things for us. So I'm trusting that He will work out the circumstances.

So....

For Nathan, I will continue to faithfully teach him and provide him opportunities to learn real-life skills.

For Stephen, I will continue to encourage him and be patient with his irrational anxieties (a tough one for me).

For our church, faithfully pray that the Lord will provide for our congregation.

For our finances, be faithful in cutting corners and trust that the Lord will provide for our every need.

How about you? Do you believe that the Lord will work things out in His perfect timing?

Do you see the possibilities in your circumstances?

Comments

  1. terry i have a new post i would like your input when you get a minute free. thanks misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, as I read your post, tears come to my eyes and I say, "Lord, Please help this family who loves you and are trying to do your will" and I feel despair and discouragement. Now, don't get excited. For I also know that the Lord is IN CONTROL of all things. I also know he loves to put us to the test...not to discourage but to grow our faith. For at the end of the test, He answers our prayers and gives us the desires of our heart. With that test, we also learn how to TRUST and to DEPEND on him. With the next test, our FAITH would naturally be increased as we remember how he met us on the last test. This is how we grow in Faith.

    So keep your heart on the Lord, Keep your knees bended and know that God is the answer for ALL of your needs. He does not disappoint. Remember what Numbers 23:19 says, "God is not Man that He should lie, nor the son of Man that he should repent. Has He not said and will He not do it. Has He spoken and will He not bring it to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that I would continue to pray for you and your family and the church situation. We love you!!

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Mom. I appreciate your prayers as well as your thoughts on this.

    We got word yesterday that the closing of the camp property is June 1st so we know we have a place at least until then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri,
    This is a tough topic. Times like this we have got to do just what you did, give it all to God. Allow Him to take the tension and go with His flow!
    You are in my prayers!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri,
    This is a tough topic. Times like this we have got to do just what you did, give it all to God. Allow Him to take the tension and go with His flow!
    You are in my prayers!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Terri. I have been singing "Healer" over and over for the past week since I heard it, and the last part of the song says that over and over "Nothing is impossible for You, nothing is impossible, Nothing is impossible for You, You hold my world in Your hands". No matter how many times I sing it, I need to hear it anew, and I am struck over and over again with how true it is. Thank you for this post and for being so real with us about your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Terri. I see the obstacles much easier than I see the possibilities. I know I need to remember that God provides the way to do EVERYTHING He has called me to do.

    You've been an encouragement to me.

    Leah
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/lcourtneymom/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this Terri. You are a great encouragement to us all, and I pray that the Lord will provide all your needs, and give you assurance and peace.

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live