Unplanned Outing

Public schools are out this week, however, we took our vacation a few weeks ago so I planned to do school as normal this week.

However, with skies that look like this, who wants to be stuck indoors?
Photobucket

So this afternoon we went on an impromptu adventure to a park by the Hudson River.
Photobucket

First, we went by the little pond they had and walked on the bridge.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We saw ducks and turtles.
Photobucket

Photobucket

You see Emily's coat? It was beautiful out but only about 40 degrees!
Photobucket

Then we went for a walk.
Photobucket

Dad and the boys.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we basically sat around while Emily played on the playground.

Photobucket

It was a wonderful afternoon and we had a great time. Best of all, it was a field trip so I can count it as school :-)!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful place. It looks like you had a wonderful day.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I visited your mom's blog and left a comment, she in turn visited my blog and suggested I come on over and visit your blog, as she thought I would enjoy it...she was right! Nice to "meet"you and I will be back for visits!
    Take care
    Marion
    Nova Scotia
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Looks like so much fun. :)

    By the way, I don't know if I've metnioned it before, but I love your music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like my kind of field trip! It must be so much fun homeschooling your children. I don't have any children of my own, but I have a lovely class of seven students, all of whom have severe intellectual disabilities. I adore them (most of the time :)) We have a lot of fun and challenges. Your cooking ideas are great! I never thought about macaroni cheese in my slow cooker. Mind you, I don't feed a hungry army around here.
    I'll pop back soon! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be great to be able to structure your school days like that! What a great way to teach your kids about creation and nature...it looks like you had a relaxed day...lovely!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for your kind comments! It really was beautiful and relaxing.

    Kate, Marion, and Poppy, thank you so much for visiting :-)! I love new readers.

    50s Housewife - thank you for the complement on the music. I love classical music and it makes it easier to read :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How come I never got to do that when I went to school???

    Looks like a great outing and interesting too for children and adults.

    You take very lovely pictures and I enjoy spending your day with you even though I'm not there.

    Glad to see Poppy, Marion and Kate visiting you. I enjoy their blogs as well as Tina's and 50's Housewife. Great bunch of Ladies!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.