Contentment

"I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:10-13

I love this passage and my desire is to be content with my circumstances no matter what they are. Paul says the secret to being content is knowing that we can do all things through Christ. The Lord is our strength and he will give us what we need to go through the rough times as well as the good times.

How about you? Are you living in contentment? Do you feel peace with your circumstances or are you trying to change them? Do you feel like you can't take one more burden? Relax and trust in the Lord - he will give you strength. Put those burdens on the Lord and stop trying to carry them by yourself.

We all go through good times and bad times. That is just the ebb and flow of life. However, the secret to being content in the midst of your circumstances is recognizing who is in control. If you are struggling to change your circumstances and you are fighting against things the Lord has allowed in your life, you will never be content.

If you recognize the fact that it is the Lord who will bring you through and you keep your eyes fixed on Him in the midst of tough and good things, then you will have true peace and contentment.

Keep your eyes looking up today!

Comments

  1. Another lovely Wednesday post Terri! I realised a while ago that I was living my live coveting things that I thought would make me feel content and happy. I think one of the big secrets of living happily is to be content with what you have. Actually I think I haven't been appreciating the great things I have, and the beautiful young people I am fortunate to work with. Thanks - this blog entry has really made me think! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Thanks for the blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Terri, I need that encouragement today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspiring reading for today. I always look forward to reading your words Terri.
    I am part of a ladies (Yahoo) Christian online group called Romans21 1-12. You would be such an asset with your inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How true!!!

    And I won't ask you WHY you were posting this at 2:20 AM!! Rest today my dear :)

    Love,
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful post full of meat to chew on during the day. I appreciate your insight and once again have to say AMEN and AMEN to all that you had to say!!!

    Hope you get some rest since 2:20 AM is just a little early to get up or a little late to get to bed!!!!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Terri. It's often after the dark time has past that we see God's plan in it's fullness. It's not always easy to be content in difficult circumstances, but it truly is the only way. Thanks for this reminder.

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri - you are a joy & a blessing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.