Field Day

I joined a homeschool co-op this year for the children. I thought it would be good to give us some time out of the house and around other homeschoolers. It also provided the children with different classes such as physical education, music, and art that they wouldn't get from me.

Today was the last event for the year and it was a Field Day. There were five different events and then we had a barbecue. The weather was beautiful, the park was empty and it was an all around fun day.

Lining up for a relay race.
Photobucket

Okay, the boys are definitely not into jump roping. They were so silly acting!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Emily is getting ready for the sack race.
Photobucket

And she's off!
Photobucket

Resting and scratching. :-)
Photobucket

Stephen did the three legged race.
Photobucket

Nathan's team won 4 out of 5 events.
Photobucket

Stephen and his teammate won the three legged race.
Photobucket

The kids had a lot of fun and I got to fellowship with other moms and man the grill. It was definitely an enjoyable day!

Comments

  1. Looks like you all had a great day! What a good way of meeting other homeschoolers and getting the kids interacting and working in teams.

    Great for you too, meeting other Moms!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did field day too this week such fun watching the kids. Hey check out the dress I made this week on my blog. Im gonna be selling at Macys before you know it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like such a fun time! Do you take a break from homeschooling for the summer now?

    Have a blessed Friday,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, other than math, I'm taking a few weeks off but we will start back up in July. It's helpful to do it this way because of Nathan's learning disabilities and then we also can take time off here and there throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.