Crash and Burn

I am tired. We had such a busy week but today especially has just been non-stop.

Just to give you an idea, here is my day (so far):

* Up, checked email and blog

* Children up, dressed, fed

* Breakfast cleanup

* Showered & dressed

* Dan & the boys, and a gentleman from church moved the entire contents of our attic to the new house.

* Made fresh tomato pasta sauce for lunch

* Made Italian bread for lunch

* Did 2 loads of laundry

* Weeded the garden for 15 minutes

* Landlady stopped by and I sat down with a cup of coffee with her.

* Vaccumed the entire downstairs

* Made salad

* Made blueberry muffins for Sunday's refreshment time. Of course, they puffed up into these giant conehead, looking things so the muffins are now for us. :-)

* Lunch & cleanup

* Drove to the new house to work

* I cleaned vacuumed & mopped the room in the basement that Dan will use for an office

* I finished putting contact paper in kitchen and linen closet

* Vacuumed & mopped Emily's room as well as touched up the paint (I painted yesterday)

We are having hotdogs and french fries for dinner because I absolutely want to just lay around for the rest of the night! LOL!

Here are some more pictures of the house.

First of all, the boys put together boxes for us the other day and decided to be funny and park them all in the living room. :-)
Photobucket

Emily's new paint job. It actually matches the background color in her new quilt I'm making.
Photobucket

Look at that shine!
Photobucket

I mopped and waxed the floors in the living room yesterday day and they look so much better.
Photobucket

View of the fireplace from the living room.
Photobucket

From the kitchen.
Photobucket

My first sewing job in the new house will be to cover that ugly blue cushion!

Stephen enjoying his new room.
Photobucket

That was my day from 7:15 this morning until 5:15 this afternoon. I'm sorry that I'm not having much time to respond to your comments. I always read them with great enjoyment but don't always have time to respond to every single one. Thank you so much for your encouragement. I really appreciate each one of my readers.

Have a great day!

Comments

  1. Goodness Honey...you exhaust me! The house looks great though :) And I love the mountain of boxes! lol Deffinately rest your weary body...praying that the rest will be multiplied :)
    Love,
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking great Terri! You need to rest and relax tonight!
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I'm Carol from England and I have just come across your blog. We had our first visit to New York last year and just loved it. We visited Calvery Baptist Church, West 57th Street, whilst we were there. Is that anywhere near where you are? Also, could you please let me know what a 'bedroom community' is? My husband and I are thinking we would like to move to USA but haven't yet prayed about it 'properly' - obviously we cannot move without the Lord's say so, but it is something we 'think' we would like to do.
    Your blog is really good and encouraging. I have just started a blog and maybe you could visit me. I will be updating it on a weekly basis to start with, but when I have learnt abit more about blogging, I will be writing more frequently. Thanks for sharing. Love and blessings, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I was reading your list, and thinking how productive you were when I got to the line that said "Lunch and cleanup", and I thought "This was only half your day???" Wow! You really got a lot done today! I loved the pics of the house, the ones you posted today and your previous pics, I think it is such a pretty house. Sure you don't want to keep that blue cushion??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at them floors!!! you did and awesome job on them!!....you have been a very busy lady today you deserve the night off!!! Take care!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies!

    Carol, New York is a huge state. We are about 70 miles north of New York City, where you were. A bedroom community is generally a community outside a major city where people live yet are still able to commute to the city. Even though we are 70 miles north, the train runs daily into New York City from here so that people can commute to their jobs. There are only 2 stops above our town so we are pretty much the farthest stop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly do not know how you accomplish so much in one day, Terri! I don't accomplish that much in a week though I can remember when I did....I must be slowing down in my old age, Ha! Ha!...or Time is speeding by and has left me in the dust! LOL!

    I once heard a joke along these lines where a woman got up in the morning and by 10 AM all she had managed to get done was to have her morning coffee while her neighbor across the street had gotten up, had breakfast, done her dishes, made her bed and had gotten her whole house cleaned by 10 AM. Well the woman who hadn't done anything looked across the street at her neighbor and said to herself, "She must be on dope".

    Are you on some kind of high or what??? LOL!!! :)

    Your house looks beautiful. I love the color of Emily's room. Her new quilt will look gorgeous in there. The floors look as if they had been refinished, you did such a good job of cleaning them.

    Did you get all those boxes filled today as well??

    After that you can rest!! LOL!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aunt Terri, Im about to go crazy I cant figure out how to put my comment box back on my blog. When you have a chance and I mean take your time because I know you are busy please e-mail me and tell me how to do it. Or anyone who writes on Terri's blog please help its so frustrating. My e-mail adress is volleyballlover22@ec.rr.com. It would help alot. Love you, Marybeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terri, I am exhausted reading your list! I love your new house though and am so excited about how God has worked this out for your family.

    Leah
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/lcourtneymom/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a real inspiration! I hope you managed to have a more relaxing evening! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terri, you seem to have boundless energy! It all looks super.
    Now take some time to relax, or you will be worn out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, busy day.... the new house looks great! (I would be covering that blue cushion as well....Heeheee)

    Rest when you can. Looks like you have good helpers!

    Hugs,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your hard work is certainly paying off ~ everything looks lovely!
    It looks like it will be a wonderful home for you all!

    Hope you enjoyed a relaxing evening!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woa...what a hard worker you are!! You're making your house a home already though...go you!!

    Rest up now,

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.