Sew Crafty Friday

Photobucket

It's Sew Crafty Friday over at Shereen's blog, Waiting for Him. Take a minute and go check out the crafts over there.

This has been a busy week for me and I got quite a bit accomplished.

First of all, I finished the front of Emily's quilt.
Photobucket

Here's a closeup.
Photobucket

I wanted to use the border for the back but when I looked at my fabric stash, I didn't have enough. So I ran to Walmart and of course, they were out. However, I found this fabric.
Photobucket

I could either keep the border I have now and use the new material as the back or I could redo the border with the new fabric and also use it as the backing. I actually like the new material better than the older border because it's not so dark. What do you think?

Tonight we are having two older couples from our church over for dinner. These two lovely couples have been our best support system since we came here 5 years ago. So I wanted to do something nice for them.

I decided to make them table runners. I completed one last night along with the front of the other. I just need to put the second one together and machine quilt it. I'm hoping to get it done today. If not, I'll give them both their gifts on Sunday.

Here is the completed runner. The other will be identical.
Photobucket

A close-up of the front. Even in the close-up it's hard to see that the light fabric next to the red has little clusters of grapes on it.
Photobucket

The back. I used nylon thread to quilt it and it was so much easier to sew without having to worry so much if the thread was going to show.
Photobucket

Well that's it for this week. Hopefully, I'll have another week as productive as this one.

Comments

  1. Wow you have been busy! Great Job Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all so pretty Terri! I LOVE the quilt! I am a quilt lover by nature and Emily's is going to be beautiful!
    You are very talented!
    Thanks for sharing, have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented - all your work looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri,
    I love the quilt! If you are leaning toward the new fabric, I think you should use it!
    I met a lady in Walmart who quilts with some other ladies. She asked me to come join them. I have always wanted to learn how.
    I love your table runners. I am sure your friends will treasure them.
    You are so talented! :)
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, the work you have done is just gorgeous - looks like you have had a productive week! I love the quilt you made for Emily, and I especially love the table runner - that would have matched my kitchen at mylast house, I hade grapes and other fruits on the wall. You should be really proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty quilt!!! And how sweet to make them table runners, they are so pretty too and they will love them!! Hava a great weekend!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fabric combinations on your quilt. Very pretty and fun. And the table runners are beautiful. I'm sure your friends will love them. I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is beautiful! As far as the border, I like the original, too. But if you want to change it out and you don't mind the extra work, go for it! Either way, it's going to be lovely when it's completed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terri, these are just wonderful! I love them. My creative juices are just flowing looking at your sewing this week! I'm going to start sewing more somehow. Also am going to start trying to crochet some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When do you have time to do all this? The runners are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! SO beautiful Terri! I love it! You are one clever lady!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you ladies. I'm not always so productive and of course, there are plenty of mistakes. But overall, I'm satisfied.

    Elizabeth, I don't have school going on right now so I have a lot more time than I normally do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Job Terri! I would leave the original border and use your new fabric for the back and save yourself some work. They are all beautiful. Your table runners are beautiful too and I am using mine all the time and love it. I'm sure your ladies will just love them and appreciate the gift of love that you are giving them.

    Love,
    Mom

    PS When are you going to model your new dress that I made you for these ladies?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely work Terri! Everything is beautiful! I think it is so sweet of you to not only have these two couples over for dinner but to make the table runners for them! You are such a blessing to others!

    Have a lovely evening,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilt looks fabulous! You've been busy - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so talented! Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mom, I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Sharon, Heather and Phoebe. I appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live