Friday, July 11, 2008

Sew Crafty Friday

Photobucket

It's Sew Crafty Friday over at Shereen's blog, Waiting for Him. Take a minute and go check out the crafts over there.

This has been a busy week for me and I got quite a bit accomplished.

First of all, I finished the front of Emily's quilt.
Photobucket

Here's a closeup.
Photobucket

I wanted to use the border for the back but when I looked at my fabric stash, I didn't have enough. So I ran to Walmart and of course, they were out. However, I found this fabric.
Photobucket

I could either keep the border I have now and use the new material as the back or I could redo the border with the new fabric and also use it as the backing. I actually like the new material better than the older border because it's not so dark. What do you think?

Tonight we are having two older couples from our church over for dinner. These two lovely couples have been our best support system since we came here 5 years ago. So I wanted to do something nice for them.

I decided to make them table runners. I completed one last night along with the front of the other. I just need to put the second one together and machine quilt it. I'm hoping to get it done today. If not, I'll give them both their gifts on Sunday.

Here is the completed runner. The other will be identical.
Photobucket

A close-up of the front. Even in the close-up it's hard to see that the light fabric next to the red has little clusters of grapes on it.
Photobucket

The back. I used nylon thread to quilt it and it was so much easier to sew without having to worry so much if the thread was going to show.
Photobucket

Well that's it for this week. Hopefully, I'll have another week as productive as this one.