An Evening in Poland

Our friends, Stephanie & Juan love ethnic food. Dan & I are the same way so about 6 months ago we decided to get together once a month and cook a meal from a different country.

We put the names of countries in a basket and draw a name. Whoever's turn it is has to cook the entire meal from scratch. Usually we will research some interesting information about the country and share it with the group.

Last night was my turn and I had Poland. Since Dan is have Polish, I thought it would be fun to learn to cook some of the food.

Everything is ready to go.
Photobucket

I'm learning how to do different napkin folds.
Photobucket

Fresh flowers from the garden.
Photobucket

We had stuffed cabbage.
Photobucket

Kluskis (potato dumplings)
Photobucket

Haluski (cabbage & noodles)
Photobucket

Bialys (onion bread)
Photobucket

For dessert, I made kolachky cookies. These things had 1 lb. of butter in them!
Photobucket

After seeing the amount of butter in everything, I definitely will not be cooking like this a lot!

It is such fun doing this every month. We didn't have any countries ready so Stephanie is picking an African country next time.

Comments

  1. I'm Polish! Can you share the recipe for the cookies? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go, Tracy. http://www.recipezaar.com/211032

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this looks so delicious!!! How did you do the potato dumplings??? This meal must have been amazing. A pound of butter? Sounds okay to me! LOL!

    Thanks for sharing Terri!
    Love,
    April :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you made lots of interesting dishes Terri...what a fun idea. We used to have an International Dinner at our old church. Each family would bring food from one of the countries we sent missionaries to...it was always an interesting and delicious evening!

    love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea! I love Czech food and since Poland is so close, they must have a similar vibe (when I was in Poland for a day visiting, I ate at a Mexican restaurant, so I did not try and Polish food, LOL!).

    I have cooked Bulgarian, Czech, Mexican and Italian food, but never anything else (unless you count couscous from the box, haha!). That is such a fun idea to try with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri, what a wonderful idea!
    Have a blessed day,
    Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so Yummy. Thank you again. Everything is good with Butter just like Paula Dean says! I wonder if she is Polish ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.