Sausage-Lentil Soup

The weather is getting cooler now and it's time to cook more soups and stews. I made this for dinner tonight and we almost finished the pot in one meal.

Chop 1 onion, 2 stalks of celery and mince 3 cloves of garlic.
Photobucket Image Hosting

In a large pot, brown 1 lb. of pork sausage.
Photobucket Image Hosting

Add veggies and saute until translucent.
Photobucket Image Hosting

Mix in 1 lb. of lentils, 2 (14 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes, 4 cups of water, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. basil, 1/2 tsp. marjoram, 1/2 tsp. pepper and 1 bay leaf.
Photobucket Image Hosting

Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for about 1 hour or longer, until the lentils are soft.

Serve & enjoy!
Photobucket Image Hosting

Comments

  1. Its so nice to have cooler weather!! This soup looks really good and comforting!!
    I made spaghetti and homemade meatballs with garlic bread and it was nice to eat something hot and not sweat while you eat it!!LOL Have a great night!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know I've never had any lentils.

    But this sounds like a good and easy recipe and a good one for the upcoming fall days.

    Thanks!☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. Tammy, lentils are very good and good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this, Terri! I've been waiting for this recipe so I could try it myself. I can't wait.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm... I love your soups, Terri. This one looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live