Science

Science is one of our favorite subjects around here. This year I'm using Apologia Science for the boys. What an excellent curriculum! I like it because it's college prep. science yet, it's interesting. The science experiments involve items you have around your house.

The boys worked on an experiment, illustrating concentration of different liquids and gases.
Photobucket

Today we did an experiment on combustion with higher levels of oxygen.
Photobucket

There was a warning in the book that this could be dangerous. They were so nervous that the glass was going to break that they went and got goggles.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I stood across the room and took pictures. I figured I could sacrifice the boys for the sake of the blog. LOL!
Photobucket

For Emily, I've been using a book called 250 Science Experiments. The neat thing about the book is that the experiments are based on topics. So there is some rhyme and reason to what she is learning and we aren't just hopping all around the book.

She is learning about lines on a topographical map.
Photobucket

She learned which lines show mountains and which show valleys or depressions.
Photobucket

They are always begging me to do science so I think it's a success!

Comments

  1. Terri,
    We love the Apologia Science! My son says it is written as if Dr. Wile is talking straight to him!
    Terri, please come visit my blog, I have a question for you.
    Blessings,
    Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Terri,

    Science has never been a strong area for me. Abbie and I made a barometer in science today, although I didn't think it was quite right so we had to show Bill when he came home ~ and we had to redo it. I'm so thankful that he can help with such things! :) Now we're all set up to watch for changes.

    You had quite the science lab at your house today ~ what fun!

    Blessings,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know how you fit it all in to your day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.