Easy Apple Cake

This is a fairly new recipe and I love it. It called for sliced apples but I experimented with applesauce and it turned out great.

Mix together 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup oil, and 2 eggs.
Photobucket

In a separate bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 1 tsp. salt.
Photobucket

Add 1 1/2 cups applesauce to the oil and sugar mixture.
Photobucket

Gradually add flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
Photobucket

Add 1 cup of butterscotch chips.
Photobucket

Transfer to a greased 9x13" pan.
Photobucket

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. That looks yummy. I need to make a dessert for some dinner company tonight and I may have just found my recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Charree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Terri...I can almost smell and taste it! We can't get butterscotch chips over here, but an American friend of mine used to have her family send them over. I tasted her butterscotch cookies once...oh my, they were good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Grief!! Are you on a baking marathon!?
    Applesauce and butterscotch... mmmmm! great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,

    I told you all to expect some recipes. I got motivated! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delicious!!

    Blessings to you!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live