My Creative Kids

My children are so creative. They gravitate to anything that allows them to create music, art, drama and even writing.

Here is a typical day around here:

Stephen teaching Emily guitar chords.
Photobucket

She loves it!
Photobucket

He is a great teacher and is pretty patient with her.
Photobucket

The boys are studying Edgar Allan Poe and yesterday had to write their own short story using tone. Nathan's writing skills are so low because of his dyslexia yet, he worked at it for almost an hour because it involved creating a story.
Photobucket

Today we studied Henri Matisse and his paper cutting technique. They've been happily creating their own pictures at the kitchen table.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



They definitely are a creative bunch. Perhaps that is why their rooms are disaster areas! LOL!

Comments

  1. It's so nice to have kids that will actually do something with their hands and minds instead of TV or video games! My kids try to veg out every once in awhile but I'm a "no TV, no video" Mommy so it doesn't last long!
    Oh, I am related to Edgar Allan Poe. My mom's maiden name was Poe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do some interesting work there Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the children are creative....it will add a whole different dimension to their lives besides what they get from the other subjects that they study. I'm also glad that they like music that also allows a lot of creativity as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great Terri! So nice to see kids doing something other than gaming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri,
    That is so great that your son can teach Emily. My son was into playing the guitar but he didn't get too far. He lost interest after a few years. Acelia and I studied the artist and I read her all the books on the artist from Veritas Press. I just wrote them down and went to our library and collected them and took them out, she loved them.
    Love Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live