Chocolate Toffee Crunch Bars

This was a new recipe and they are outstanding! I was trying to come up with a great recipe for a cookie swap I'm going to on Sunday afternoon and these would of been great except there are going to be almost 30 ladies there and I would have to make a dozen pans. I don't have the time or money so that idea went by the wayside.

Combine 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter together. Press firmly into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
Photobucket

Bake for 8-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
Photobucket

Boil for 1 minute.
Photobucket

Pour immediately over baked cookie base. Note: Drizzle this over the top so it covers every part of the base. I dumped mine in the middle and tried to spread it which started to break apart the base, which is why it looks yucky.
Photobucket

Bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips. Let stand for 2-3 minutes.
Photobucket

Spread the softened chocolate gently over the top.
Photobucket

Sprinkle with 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans.
Photobucket

Let cool before cutting into bars.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I think these could be dangerous!!
    Weight Watchers beware!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure do look like something I would like. I will copy the recipe but might wait until next year to fix because I'm determined to take more weight off and those would not help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really delish!!! and very easy!! Take care!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipes are always delicious Terri, another one to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies. They are so good but I agree DON'T MAKE THEM IF YOU ARE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!!!! They are addictive! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.