Thursday, December 18, 2008

Filling Her Tank

Photobucket

I've been so stressed out lately that I haven't really been focusing on my family like I should. Emily has been bugging me for about 3 days to make muffins. I keep telling her, "Not now."

I noticed yesterday that the level of bickering in the house has really gone up. So today, after spending some time in prayer, I decided that I needed to get my focus back where it belongs.

This morning I let her make those muffins. The funny thing is that it only took about 15 minutes of my time and she was happy as a clam. She just needed her tank filled, as my friend Jenni likes to say.

Photobucket

I think children are wonderful at reminding us what is really important. It only takes a few minutes to keep them happy. I needed that reminder today. I can get so caught up in being "busy" and forget the most important thing.

She got to cook for 15 minutes and has been hopping around the house, singing Christmas carols at the top of her lungs! It took so little effort on my part, yet it took me three days to do it.

I definitely am not going to get the mother of the year award this year!

By the way, Stephen was pretty happy too because he loves sweets. LOL
Photobucket