Filling Her Tank

Photobucket

I've been so stressed out lately that I haven't really been focusing on my family like I should. Emily has been bugging me for about 3 days to make muffins. I keep telling her, "Not now."

I noticed yesterday that the level of bickering in the house has really gone up. So today, after spending some time in prayer, I decided that I needed to get my focus back where it belongs.

This morning I let her make those muffins. The funny thing is that it only took about 15 minutes of my time and she was happy as a clam. She just needed her tank filled, as my friend Jenni likes to say.

Photobucket

I think children are wonderful at reminding us what is really important. It only takes a few minutes to keep them happy. I needed that reminder today. I can get so caught up in being "busy" and forget the most important thing.

She got to cook for 15 minutes and has been hopping around the house, singing Christmas carols at the top of her lungs! It took so little effort on my part, yet it took me three days to do it.

I definitely am not going to get the mother of the year award this year!

By the way, Stephen was pretty happy too because he loves sweets. LOL
Photobucket

Comments

  1. those look yummy.
    by the way, how is Nathan feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is much better. Thank you for asking, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those homemade? If so could I PLEASE get the recipe?
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blueberry muffins look so good.
    I'm glad your daughter got her "tank filled"! Sometimes joy can be found in the simplest things, and this was obviously one for her. Your kids look like such sweethearts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele, here you go:

    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/cup quick oats
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 egg
    1/4 cup
    1 cup milk
    3/4 cup blueberries

    Mix together dry ingredients and make a well in the middle. Beat egg and mix wet ingredients together and pour in the well. Stir until just mixed and add the blueberries. Put in greased muffin tins or muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. None of us would get 'mother of the year' awards Terri! Please can I come over and have one of Emily's delicious muffins? They look so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look very good to me, Terri and I like the idea that they have oats in them. I will copy this done and try them. Grandpa says that you should get the Mother of the Year Award anyway because you are a great mom and he told me to tell you that he loves you very much!!! Now, doesn't that make your day...that should help the stress 100% I would say.

    Love,
    Mom

    PS Is that 1/2 c of oats in your receipe? I can't tell from how it is written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS You also have 1/4 cup of something but don't know what. Let me know what the secret ingredient is? ok?

    Love,
    Mom

    Maybe it's love...what do you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you ARE definitely in the running for Mother of the Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good grief! I am moving too fast. Here is an updated list of ingredients.

    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup quick oats
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 egg
    1/4 cup oil
    1 cup milk
    3/4 cup blueberries

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well from my viewpoint, far away as it is, I think you are a super mother. I only wish I had the chance to 'do it again'.
    Terri, what is the mystery ingredient???

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love homemade muffins, too! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been convicted of that recently. With Christmas right around the corner, gifts to make and food to bake I've neglected my time with the kids.

    Thank you for the reminder and my goal is to get back on track starting now.

    Have a Merry Christmas and I'm so happy the church vote went well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dear Terri (And Tina too) - in my book you got the Mother of the Year Award months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Terri,
    I so understand.I too get busy and forget the important things. Miss Candi has been nosing me wanting to go for a walk. I keep telling her maybe tomorrow. She has had so much enegry and has been really wild. Today I took her for that walk and now her tank is full. She is all calm. The walk took all of 15 minutes and 2 weeks of promises.LOL. One of my goal for 2009 is to fill her tank a bit more.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.