Awesome Blessings!

Our family received a number of blessings lately and I wanted to share a couple of them with you.

Years ago, I received a piano that my grandfather had in his apartment. It was a nice piano though the keys were yellowed and a couple of the keys didn't work. However, when we moved from the inner city 7 years ago, we had to leave the piano behind. We didn't have room in the moving truck.

We've been using a little electric piano that someone gave us but it really was lacking in what the children needed. The previous pastor of our newly merged church left his piano behind and after contacting him, we were able to take it.

So now the children have a nice piano that is in great shape.
Photobucket

The other day, another homeschooler called me and asked me if I wanted to come and look through some books she had and was giving away. I came away with 2 boxes of books, mostly science. It was like Christmas around here. :-) I really needed some science books for Emily.
Photobucket

We've been slogging through government this fall and not getting very far. We've covered the basics but needed to go more in depth this next month on the constitution. I've been feeling a little lacking in this area.

One of the things in the box was a tape series called, The Miracle of America: The Constitution in the Tradition of the Founding Fathers. There were two workbooks with it: one had been written in and one had not. The cool thing is that with Nathan's learning disabilities, he learns best by listening and having to fill in the blanks would have slowed him down tremendously. However, Stephen really needs to be able to listen and write so he got the book that was not written in. Isn't God good? He knew exactly what was needed for both boys!

Photobucket

Also, there was the New Testament on tape that is dramatized as well as Psalms and Proverbs on tape which Nathan really could use.

This just all reinforced to me that the Lord knows exactly what we need and when we commit to trust Him and not go into debt for things, that He will provide. I wanted to share my blessings with my bloggy friends. :-)

Comments

  1. That's wonderful Terri! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you... that's great... what wonderful blessings have been going your way!!!
    beautiful piano!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome Terri! I love hearing stories of God's faithful provisions!

    Blessings to you today,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live