The Bronx Zoo

When asked what she wanted to do for her birthday, Emily chose a trip to the Bronx Zoo. Her birthday is not until Saturday, but because of a conflict we decided Tuesday was the day to do it. It really is a wonderful zoo, even though it's in the midst of a huge city.

We spent a lot of time in the bird house. Look at her eyes. Her allergies are acting up big time!
Photobucket

Actually, it seems to be the only place that my camera will take decent pictures of birds!
Photobucket

We took out a family membership so Emily got a t-shirt out of it.
Photobucket

The boys got to lug heavy backpacks all day. We brought our lunch because spending $4-$5 on a hamburger is not my idea of a good time!
Photobucket

Unfortunately, I only seemed to be able to get the backside of most of the animals.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This guy looked how I felt by the end of the day.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We rode the monorail through the Wild Asia exhibit.
Photobucket

In the Congo.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Emily loved the butterfly garden.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My little butterfly. :-)
Photobucket

It was a really nice day and I'm glad we went while we could becuase we've had rain the past two days. Because we have a membership which is good for 5 different zoos and aquariums in New York City, we can go back anytime over the next year.

Comments

  1. That looks like you guys had a wonderful time!
    We plan on making a trip to the zoo sometime this summer, such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you guys have been busy no wonder I havent seen hide nore hare of ya in the past few weeks. Im glad you are enjoying yourselves. THanks again for letting me steal the boys yesterday thay were such a BIG HUGE GIGANTIC help for me. I got a prject done Ive had on my mind for weeks and as always they were polite and more then willing to do whatever I asked. Ill post some pics of their work tomorrow. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful time!!! It looks like there was a lot to see and do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had fun and I can relate to the Polar Bear, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.