Bloomin' Tuesday - Herb Garden










My herb garden isn't fancy and it is definitely in need of weeding. However, the plants are starting to take off and I love being able to walk out my kitchen door and snip any herbs I need.

A pot of mint.
Photobucket

I also put the oregano in a pot. It needs to be thinned out.
Photobucket

One of my favorite, herbs is cilantro.
Photobucket

Flat-leaf parsley.
Photobucket

My other favorite, basil.
Photobucket

Dill.
Photobucket

Sage.
Photobucket

The only thing I never got around to planting is rosemary and thyme. I need to run to the local nursery and see if they have any plants left.

For more on gardens, check out Jean's blog.

Comments

  1. I love Basil and this year grew 2 pots of different types.
    You can take cuttings of Rosemary if you have a friend with a plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kitchen gardens! Looks great Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Terri,

    Your herbs are looking great! You are right, there is nothing better than walking out your back door and snipping fresh herbs! Enjoy!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hve my herbs in a container this year. YThe only thing that is doing really good is my dill to find planting them in the ground they do better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Bloomin' Tuesday! Your herbs are looking good. I grow several kinds of thyme as perennials. They spread very well and have beautiful blooms in shades of purple. I've never used it for cooking. Jeqan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great little herb garden. I have tried quite a few herbs but mint seems to grow the best for me. My cilantro went to seed soon after I planted it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your herb garden is loking great. You have a wide variety...I have basil parsley,sage and thyme...
    but I really only use the basil and parsley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great having all the herbs right outside your door! I need to plant some herbs this year, don't have much except my pineapple sage and I really don't cook with it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.