First Day

Photobucket

Well, the first day has come and gone and overall, it was a good day. Stephen can't wait to go back tomorrow and likes all of his classes, except math. It's probably because the class is comprised of almost all students who struggle and many of them could care less. I told him to just stay focused and do the right thing. Unfortunately, changing that class will make us have to change his other classes which he likes so we don't want to do that.

Emily said she was bored because the only thing they did all day was go over the rules and play on the playground. What a nut! She is the only child I know is upset because there was no work.

Nathan enjoyed his classes and teachers. Unfortunately, he is not happy about lunch because none of the kids from his class are in his lunch period. I think he is experiencing some major culture shock because the language of the teens is peppered with four letter words. He is totally overwhelmed with the amount of students in the lunchroom and didn't even eat his lunch today. :-( It's a lot for him to deal with all at once so we will have to see how that goes.

However, I think it was a good day. I know I certainly got a ton of housework done today!

Comments

  1. Dear Terri,

    I am glad that the day went well for the kids! They will have their time of adjustment, but just keep praying that they will be a shining light while they are there!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like overall it was a good day. It must be quite an adjustment for you (as well as the children), but hopefully also a relief for you in some ways. You all are in my prayers. I hope we can have lunch sometime soon.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terri. I'm glad you all made it through the first day! whew!! it's tough, isn't it? sending our kids out into the big, "bad" world?

    I often remind my kids of Philippians 2: 14-16.
    As they are hopping out of the car to run into school, I tell them to shine like stars in this world!

    I like how Nadine also said that same thing.

    My kids start in the morning, so I know it will be a rough day for me. I never look forward to the first day but I know that they are in God's hands and I expectantly wait for them to come home!

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, I'm sure that in a few weeks they will have sttled in. If Nathan continues to have problems maybe a quiet word with one of the staff might help?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live