Foto Friday

Photobucket

It's Foto Friday at Rebecca's blog. The theme this week was LEARNING. I was trying to figure out how to capture this without doing the traditional picture of children studying!

Obviously, by participating in Foto Friday, I'm learning how to take and edit my pictures in new and interesting ways.

Here is an example. Normally, I would of just taken a picture of my birthday flowers. However, I've learned how to use my editing program which allows me to more creative.
Photobucket

However, I wanted to do something different. As I was thinking about it, I realized that as a wife, mother and pastor's wife that I'm always learning. This past year has been an especially difficult one as I learn in each of these areas. After all, isn't learning always a growing and stretching process?

So, I thought I would capture that concept.

After 21 years of marriage, I'm still learning new ways to keep the fires burning!
Photobucket

Having two teenage boys is definitely a learning experience for both them and for Dan & me. Learning how to communicate in a different way with boys on the verge of manhood is a lot different than when they were little boys.
Photobucket

I'm learning how to meet the needs of a daughter who too is growing up and changing. She needs a lot more communication and working through things than her brothers did. I'm learning what a beautiful young girl I have!
Photobucket

Finally, I'm learning new truths every day out of God's Word. I'm constantly amazed at how new things can jump out each time I read.
Photobucket

So that's my take on "learning" this week. I so enjoy doing this because it really stretches me in a creative way and I have to really think. That's always a good thing! ;-)

Check out Rebecca's blog (link at top) to see other entries.

Comments

  1. Great photos!

    Janet W
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/wdworkman/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos Terri - and great stories to go with them!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to do something a bit different...and such interesting photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea- LEARNING to tweak your photos, I really like that. And the picture of the fire is probably my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so touched by your family and the words you write about them.. yes, you are learning.. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are coming along nicely, Terri. I especially like the one of Emily reading. Boys doing dishes is ALWAYS photo worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many wonderful things to be learning. We try to stress the importance of always learning to our daughter.

    The photos captured your learning very well. My favorite is probably the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL!! I love your take on the photos - what YOU are learning!! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your blog has really taken on a change in the past few months. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice, Terri!

    I've been doing some thinking on learning/knowledge lately also.
    We can learn with our heads and know all kinds of stuff but what we do with that knowledge is the important thing. Then it becomes wisdom.

    Love the photos of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terri,
    This is a wonderful post!
    Love how God's word is new to us each day, and that you wrote about that. so true.

    Thanks for your thoughts on my Victorian purse trim. I totally agree that the ribbon/lace flower was too big, but do love the look!
    Will be working on anew one for it. =))

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found the same struggle....I didn't just want another kid studying picture. I think you did a great job on your challenge. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderfully encouraging and motivating entry! Thank you, Terri! And I agree, you do indeed have a beautiful daughter, as well as two wonderful sons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really are stretching and learning in the area of your photos. I loved them. Great job, Terri!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live