Friday, January 29, 2010

Foto Friday

Photobucket

It's Foto Friday at Rebecca's blog. The theme this week was LEARNING. I was trying to figure out how to capture this without doing the traditional picture of children studying!

Obviously, by participating in Foto Friday, I'm learning how to take and edit my pictures in new and interesting ways.

Here is an example. Normally, I would of just taken a picture of my birthday flowers. However, I've learned how to use my editing program which allows me to more creative.
Photobucket

However, I wanted to do something different. As I was thinking about it, I realized that as a wife, mother and pastor's wife that I'm always learning. This past year has been an especially difficult one as I learn in each of these areas. After all, isn't learning always a growing and stretching process?

So, I thought I would capture that concept.

After 21 years of marriage, I'm still learning new ways to keep the fires burning!
Photobucket

Having two teenage boys is definitely a learning experience for both them and for Dan & me. Learning how to communicate in a different way with boys on the verge of manhood is a lot different than when they were little boys.
Photobucket

I'm learning how to meet the needs of a daughter who too is growing up and changing. She needs a lot more communication and working through things than her brothers did. I'm learning what a beautiful young girl I have!
Photobucket

Finally, I'm learning new truths every day out of God's Word. I'm constantly amazed at how new things can jump out each time I read.
Photobucket

So that's my take on "learning" this week. I so enjoy doing this because it really stretches me in a creative way and I have to really think. That's always a good thing! ;-)

Check out Rebecca's blog (link at top) to see other entries.