Foto Friday

Photobucket

This week I decided to join in the fun at Rebecca's blog, Renaissance. I've been kind of intimidated which is why I haven't done this before. Each Friday she hosts a photo challenge with a theme for the week.

So, I took the plunge this week and had a great time doing it. I finally figured out that you can do more than just store your pictures on Photobucket. Good grief! Two years to finally figure that out. Boy, am I a slow learner.

The theme this week was........
Photobucket

A trip to a State Park overlooking the Hudson River helped me to do this challenge.

Photobucket

Stephen, my middle son, struggles just to maintain a passing grade in school. Yet, he has worked so hard this year and has pulled his grades up to As and Bs this quarter. So I thought he was a fitting subject for this theme.

Photobucket

Miss Emily decided she wanted her picture next to Walt Whitman.

Photobucket

This little or not so little guy was so cute. He kept reaching through the bars of the cage and who could blame him with the wonderful woods on the other side, representing freedom.
Photobucket

There was a little staircase at the edge of the cliff under the bridge. So I risked my neck (okay, not really) to take this picture of the underside of the bridge spanning the Hudson River.

Photobucket

I loved being able to use my creativity to come up with the different images and it was so much fun. Check out Rebecca's blog to see the other entries!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Great shots.. you hit the nail on the head.. reaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! You shouldn't have felt intimidated, and I'm glad that you joined in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I had a similair idea, but it didn't happen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very creative! I love the themes and labels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job. I didn't have a chance to get out or do much this week, so we kept our simple. I loved all of the variety of ideas within the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What super photos Terri, all very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man! That one of your son Stephen would have fit PERFECTLY into THIS week's challenge! (But I purposely never peak at the coming week and you wouldn't have known either).

    I am SO glad you joined us and laughed out loud when you said you had been intimidated. Your photos are fabulous! The first one looks right off of inspirational poster! I love how you added words to your photos, it adds such an air of professionalism.

    The last one is really wonderful too---I think if it had been slightly off of center (like in the first 1/3 of the photo) it would have been perfection.

    Hope to see you join in again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pictures....I think pictures looking up at trees are kind of neat....I wanted to try a picture like that too, but did not get a chance.
    Good Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos Terri - well done!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great creativity, Terri! I loved your pictures and the titles that you gave them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terri,

    I was showing a few of your posts to Curt and he told me to tell you how impressed he was with them. I thought you would like to know that.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.